7.4 Player Documentation. (Excerpt)
A player may be required to submit documentation to prove as needed (a) identity; (b) citizenship status and/or qualification as a resident (as opposed to a Non-Resident or Non-Citizen Player); (c) USA Rugby Registration; (d) waiver granted by USA Rugby; and (e) college enrollment. Players unable to provide appropriate documentation will be deemed ineligible to play in Qualifying Matches/Tournament and/or assigned Non-Resident or Non-Citizen Player status for purposes of eligibility.
Acceptable documentation, original or a legible copy which may be paper or electronic (cell phone, laptop, or tablet), includes:
- Proof of Identification.
- Current government issued photo identification and/or official school-issued ID for students.
- Proof of U.S. Residency for Fifteens National Qualifier Eligibility can be verified with:
- Government-issued photo ID accompanied by a birth certificate, copy or original, from a U.S. state or territory.
- Official school-issued ID for students accompanied by a birth certificate, copy or original, from a U.S. state or territory.
- Original or copy of photo page of U.S. passport. or U.S. passport card, or Enhanced Driver’s License.
- Original or copy of Naturalization Certificate accompanied by a Government or school-issued photo ID.
- Original or copy of Permanent (Green Card) or Conditional Permanent Resident.
- Original or copy of Native American Tribal Identification Card.
- NOT sufficient:
- A Social Security Card is not sufficient to confirm proof of U.S. Citizenship or Residency.
- A Real ID Card is not sufficient to confirm proof of U.S. Citizenship or Residency.
- An EAD ID Card is not sufficient to confirm proof of U.S. Citizenship or Residency.
- Documentation in reference to the pursuit of permanent or conditional resident status in order to facilitate a player’s participation in the competition is NOT sufficient.
- Proof of current member registration can be verified with a printout from Rugby Xplorer showing valid registration dates.
- Proof of official waiver from USA Rugby can be verified with waiver letter signed by the Senior Club Eligibility Committee Chair, delivered by electronic mail, displaying player name, club, and the specific Regulation waived.